Sunday 20 April 2008

Bookcrossing


I went to the Bookcrossing meetup in Nottingham yesterday...I haven't been for ages, and thanks to my travels I could bring all these books...
Now, the plan was to come home without picking up any of the books offered, but then I saw Stephen Booth's "Blind To The Bones" and I couldn't have left it there...I've read the first two books in the series and they were very good (well, if you like well written mysteries, that's it!).
I was convinced to bring home also a copy of Tess Gerritsen's "Body Double", but only because Maureen wrote a great journal entry. I am a soft touch, oh yes!

Two other books I am reading at the same time with Sue Grafton's: "The Great Stink" by Clare Clark, a mystery playing in London around 1850, and the new investigation of the Jack the Ripper's case by Patricia Cornwell. After a slow start, I am loving Clare Clark's book and getting to know the protagonists better and better. The Ripper book is only at the very beginning...I am curious because it looks as if the majority of people I know that have read it didn't really enjoy it, preferring Cornwell's mysteries with Miss Scarpetta.

1 comment:

Crafty Green Poet said...

I've not been to a meet Up for ages! I just have so many books already...