Saturday 19 January 2008

Bookcrossing meetup and more on books

Nottingham BC meetup 19.01.08
It has been ages since my last participation to a meetup with the local bookcrossers, and today I finally managed to go. Luckily for me, I could get rid of several books, without picking up any. Mr D would have been pleased...he has always complained about the insane quantity of books that I am surrounded with.
And I shall set you free...
I have been very good in not signing up for many bookrings or bookrays, and those that have been visiting me did not stay long. The best thing of all is that I am making progress in culling my Mount TBR, easy task when reading Sue Grafton's alphabet series...so far, I have read up to "I". As soon as the three rings in my hands have left, I shall keep on reading. They're fairly short, but the plots are gripping, and I have grown quite fond of the main characters.

Another book that came to visit, quite unexpected, is "World Without End" by Ken Follett. I was very enthusiastic of "The Pillars of the Earth" when I read it, back when it was first printed, and could not wait to read the follow-up (if I can call it so). Therefore, how could I say no when someone offered me the book on loan?
I am sure that I won't be able to start it before February, but still I can feel the tempting call of all those 1,111 pages...

3 comments:

Crafty Green Poet said...

I haven't been to a bookcrossing meeting for ages! Did you ever get that book I sent you (Journey in Moonlight)? I'm glad I found your blog, now I'll go look at the bunny pics!
(Random Poet from Bookcrossing)

YowlYY said...

Hello Juliet, what a lovely surprise :)
I did indeed receive the book - so many thanks and sorry for having been so bad in keeping in touch. I have wanted to write to you for ages, as I also have something from Italy for you, but when at the end of September I lost my bunny babies I took a step back from the world out there.
Now things are better, though... will write soon! (watch out for the mailman...)

Crafty Green Poet said...

Glad you got the book, I'll watch out for the mail for your parcel.... I know, life does slow down and come to something of a stop when we lose our bunnies...