Wednesday 24 September 2008

Some WIPs and stash flashing

While the bunnies are happy and comfy in their crate, dozing off until the next rattling of pellets is to be heard, I take advantage of the peace and quiet to upload a few pics of yarn bought in the last few months, or received in swaps...

There's some sock yarn from Posh Yarn I purchased from another knitter nearby...
Lucia "Fanfare"
and some lace yarn to chase away the blues of rainy days....
Cecilia "Tangerine"
Diana "Tweetie Pie"
Miranda "Fete"

In the meantime, I finished knitting the Hypotheneuse shawl for my sister with this yarn:
Noro Silk Garden
The shawl is currently soaking to be blocked soon, but you can see here what it was looking like when it was 3/4 finished:
Hypoteneuse - progress
...and yes, I am using the roof of the run of the bunnies to display my work :)

Because I cannot finish a work without starting a new one, here is what I am working on:

Clapotis in the making

it is going to be a Clapotis for my sister Tiziana. Like the one I did last year for a friend, I am using again Noro Silk Garden
Noro Silk Garden #84
- I am thinking of knitting one for myself as well, but I cannot decide which colourway... and maybe I should knit a sweater again, it's been ages!! I am thinking of doing something with cables like Wisteria, or Jaali... or something completely different, like Aamu. I have a long list of things I plan to knit on Ravelry, but not many sweaters..any suggestions?

7 comments:

d. moll, l.ac. said...

Yummy colors. I have only done minimal knitting myself, though found what I did quite addictive. The final product was, er, rather rustic looking....The cable designs are quite attractive, I think. They look like Celtic knots. Package on it's way, hippity, hop !

Anonymous said...

I love the colourful yarn!! Unfortunately, I don't have any suggestions.. the only knitting I've ever done was when I made tiny tube tops for my barbie dolls aeons ago, LOL!! Tube tops, because they're the easiest, just knit a rectangular piece and join the ends together hee hee!!

Deb Cushman said...

Beautiful colors! Love the shawl pattern. Almost makes me want to pick up my crochet hook again. I said...almost!
Deb

RG said...

None of that stuff looks REMOTELY like the beginnings of a mahogany, large sweater.

YowlYY said...

How large is large?!?

RG said...

Oh Oh ... uh ... sort of in between real big and not so big ....

sorry about the double comment .. I didn't see the comment moderation sign :<(

Anonymous said...

Oh that pumpkin yarn is fabulous!!!!