Thursday 13 August 2009

Disapproval oncoming

Thank you all for the good vibes to Miss Eve and the encouragement...you are all wonderful!
Jo called me when I was about to leave to bring my visiting friend to the airport, to tell me that Miss Eve has passed the sedation with flying colours, no trouble whatsoever. They used the lightest sedation dosis and it worked perfectly. During the procedures, heart and vital signs were monitored and everything was well. The rasping sounds were heard occasionally, when she was breathing in, but otherwise all went well.
The blood work was fine, no anomalies found there, and the x-rays did not show more than a darkening of the lower section of the lungs, no masses shown (phew! so no tumors!), and they shaved her belly (oh! can you hear the disapproval??) to take a scan, to see if the x-rays had missed anything. This was fine, no issues with kidneys or other organs, so there :)
Diagnosis seems to be a bronchitis of some sort, although there is no discharge from the lungs and never had been. She pointed out that it could have been a consequence from pasturella, however she never showed sympthoms...oh these bunnies!
So... we're picking her up today in 3 hrs time after having spent a night at their bunny hotel as I was unable to collect her before their closing time, as I was still miles away from home and Mr D managed to get caught in a traffic jam on his way to the vet and was LATE!!
I shall post more once I am back from the vets with Miss Eve, and have also had a chance to take a look at the x-rays and scan pics...

12 comments:

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Yay for Miss Eve! I'm sure she'll be very happy to be back home, thumping her disapproval and impatient for her salad!

d. moll, l.ac. said...

Thank goodness! I'm sure she will be very attractive with a shaved belly. Bandit used to sort of squeak when she cleaned herself, and sometimes when she drink, like a stuffed animal with slightly broken squeaker inside......

Crafty Green Poet said...

oh I'm glad she's okay, but the shaved belly oh dear...

Friend of the Animals said...

My Gerald's pasteurella symptoms are a runny eye and lack of appetite. He is fine now, but the winter cold usually brings it back. Hope Miss Eve is better soon.

kiki said...

wonderful news! and all the best for her =)

Paula said...

Excellent news. You obviously love your bun - by the way, at the bunnie hotel, are there actually bunnehs on staf?

RG said...

My, you are surely a Saint to Bunnies .. even if they do disapprove! Yay Miss Eve ....

Anonymous said...

Much good news. I'm glad you have her home by now!

RoadBunner said...

So sorry I haven't checked in sooner! But I am glad the news is good! Oh, poor Miss Eve...A shaved belly! :( MAJOR disapproval is a coming. I am sure Neville will tell her she is still beautiful, though :)

Cara said...

Shaving. Ew. Hope it grows back fast! Hope the air problem is minor.

Fez and the Gang said...

Such a long time since you posted this... I hope Miss Eve is doing okay? How are you all?

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Missing you and your updates! Check in if you've got a few minutes.