Friday 8 August 2008

Knitting in summer

Hmmm...who am I kidding? Knitting in summer? What summer? We did not have a summer, just a few days of summer, and I managed to miss them all because they happened when I was in Dundee. Oh well...
Anyway, sometimes people will ask what I knit in summer, since one does not really want to deal with hairy and woolly yarns when it's hot. As I was saying, since "hot" is a term that cannot be used very often here, at least not in the sense I give to the word "hot"**, I am happy to knit anything, large or small a project, no problem. When my first Sock Wars III victim received the socks of death she was so happy with the parcel that she sent in return two skeins of a US sock yarn, Crystal Palace "Maizy", and a pattern. She thought I should knit the heel and the toes in the bright lime green, and the rest with the variegated skein, but being a lacy pattern I thought they would look better this way:



Although I like them very much, I will be sending them to my sister, who is a fan of lime green. It's the least I can do for her for sending me a huge parcel with lots of Italian biscuits and Sardinian pasta :)

**: I call "hot" when the temperature is above +28°C...a bit like what can be experienced these days in Cagliari, my hometown...

7 comments:

RG said...

uuuuuhhhhh .. nice sox!!!!

Go Hugo!

d. moll, l.ac. said...

Love the zig zag pattern on the leg part (is there a special name for that part?). Hello to Hugo and the lovely Miss Eve.

Deb Cushman said...

Beautiful socks! LOVE the colors!

Deb used to skip crocheting in the summer, but then we got air conditioning and now anything goes!

Steffi said...

I like the green. right, what's that summer thing you're speaking of?

The Fluffy Tribe said...

oh we luv lime green too! Mom LUVS lime green ~the FLuffy TRibe

azzuka said...

Lime green rocks!!!

Anonymous said...

those are toooo tooooo cool :-)