Tuesday 22 July 2008

More on the bunnies....

Thank you to all who left a comment on my new post here...I am glad we were not forgotten, despite all what happened...I read some very sad posts and I promise that I will make a commemoration entry for the bunnies who left us too soon, they deserve it, and also you slaves who cared for them until the very end.

After a weekend when Hugo seemed to be not quite his usual self, looking for more and more cuddles especially from Miss Eve, and after he hardly ate his breakfast (Miss Eve: "All the more for meeeee!!"), I brought Hugo to the vets this morning. Luckily, they had a free slot at 10am, which is quite unusual for a Monday. We suspected tooth spurs again, but Dani could not see much inside Hugo's mouth, only because he kept on chewing the end of the instrument!! So I left him there to be put under the anaesthetic and hoped to pick him up sometime after 5pm. Dani called after the dental, which turned to be more than just grinding down some spurs. She could see that one of the molars had some pus near the gum, and although it was not moving she thought it best to take off the tooth altogether. Hugo got painkillers and antibiotics, and although he recovered well from the anaesthetic and being alert already by 4pm, the vet suggested to keep him in for the night also because he wasn't eating, so...Critical Care had to be siringed in him. I will be getting a call in the morning to see when I can take him home. I hope he will have started eating by himself by then, otherwise we will have to have food fight with Critical Care!
Wish us luck, will you?

6 comments:

Fez and the Gang said...

Good luck!!! It sounds like you caught it early, so I hopefully the infection isn't into the bone, and should now be easy to treat with some antibiotics. Good thing you are so dedicated to watching your bunny's behaviour. We are thinking of him here and hope he comes home tomorrow!

d. moll, l.ac. said...

Good luck, we'll be thinking of you and Hugo, OK and Miss Eve, too. Ear rubs all 'round.
-Tyler and Sydney

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Wishing Hugo all the best! I wish I could give him a snuggle and tell him to hurry up and get better.

Deb Cushman said...

Poor Hugo -- but lucky you got him to the vet when you did and caught the problem early! We hope he is up and hopping back at home soon!

The Bunns said...

Oh dear ... bad news. Come Oooonnn Hugo!!!!

Anonymous said...

Those are great pics - I hope he totally recovers fast ... I hate worrying about our bunnies